To better understand where social media is headed in 2014, Heidi Cohen has put together 67 social media forecasts for 2014 provided by 27 top social media experts. Although not specifically targeted at non-profits, the predictions are nevertheless equally relevant to non-profit marketing as they are to B2B and B2C markets.
At A Glance – Most Relevant Predictions For Non-Profit Social Media Marketing
- Online and offline will become more collaborative
- Social media will cease to be managed in a silo
- Video will become more engaging and interactive
- Instagram will double in size
- Hashtag campaigns will increase
- Social listening goes mainstream
- Google+ will sprout wings
- Marketers will need to continue their focus on mobile
- Forget 10 million views, turn audience into advocates
- Fragmentation will continue in 2014 and its pace will accelerate, with more and more consumers moving away from Facebook and participating in smaller, more niche social platforms.