There are a handful of social media strategists that I admire and whose advice I am happy to follow. One of these is Jay Baer. In this presentation Jay outlines a six step approach to measuring your social media efforts – and don’t doubt for a second that measuring your social media isn’t crucial to the overall success of your social media strategy!
- The goal is not to be good at social media, but to be good at business because of social media.
- Understand your business level objectives, and how social media can support them.
- Know what you can measure.
- Remove metrics that aren’t relevant to you.
- Select the metrics that make sense for your company.