Engagement with your online audience is the key to a successful social media marketing strategy. You will hear me say this time and time again. engagement is the engine that drives your social media vehicle. You want your community to feel actively involved in the work of your organisation. You want to give them a voice, a feeling they belong to something greater than themselves and they can make a real difference by becoming involved. You want them to spread the word about your work, and in turn recruit more volunteers, donors and ambassadors for you.
How do you engage your audience with your online content?
Always include a call to action!
5 Ways to engage your online audience
- Include easy to share buttons on your website and blog
- Ask the reader to “LIKE” and “SHARE” Facebook wall posts
- Include links to your Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIN, etc. sites
- Encourage the reader to leave comments on blog posts, Facebook posts, etc. by asking a question.
- Provide an easy way for the reader to donate or join online